HP printers have always been proved useful for the purpose of scanning, copying, printing and faxing. The scanning function allows you to read most of the 2D images which include photographs or drawings. After you have scanned the image, you can directly send it to a folder on your computer. HP printers work the same when you want it to scan something. For this purpose, you will only need the HP software installed on your system. For further information, you should give a call at the HP Support Number +1-800-329-1074 to ask from the expert technical executives.
Following are the steps to be followed to scan using an HP printer:
The first requirement is to install the software that came with your HP printer. If you have already installed the software, open it on the PC.
- Select the file you want to scan and put it on the scanner glass. The file should be facing downwards. You have to check that the corners of the paper should be touching the sides with the arrows pointing to it.
- Select the ‘Settings’ button of the software program.
- Choose the type of file you have selected for scanning.
- Click on the option ‘Scan picture’ or ‘Scan document’ as per your selection. If you are not aware how to scan at all, you can also call at the HP Scanner Support Number +1-800-329-1074 for help.
- Let the printer scan and decide the location where you want to save the scanned file. Select the desired location and click ‘Ok’ to save the file.
The above-mentioned steps will help you to scan a picture or document using your HP printer. It is important to have the correct software installed so as to ensure smooth scanning. In case you don’t have the software, you can visit HP’s website to get the latest and genuine one.
For common scanning issues, consider the given tips:
- Make sure the scanner glass is always clean from dust and dirt.
- Always the paper in the correct position facing downwards.
- Lower the scan resolution to improve scanning speed.
- Check for the defective and damaged cables and replace them with a new one if required.
- There should be access to a properly working network connection.
- Keep the HP scanning software always updated.
For help and support regarding HP printer, make sure to call us at HP Printer Help Number +1-800-329-1074. The help number will let you talk to the technicians about the issue. You can avail the best tech support from the certified and well-experienced technical executives. The technical support for HP printers can be availed anytime from any corner of the world.